At DELTA (Deaf Education Through Listening and Talking), our mission is simple yet powerful: to provide a warm and inviting online space for parents and families of deaf children to connect, share experiences, and engage in meaningful conversations. We understand that parenting a child with deafness or hearing loss comes with unique challenges and joys. That’s why we’ve designed a series of upcoming online sessions as casual gatherings, where you can join in for a chat, ask questions, and connect with fellow parents who share similar journeys.
Join Us for Upcoming Parent-Friendly Sessions:
Mark your calendars for these upcoming sessions that aim to empower you with knowledge and build a supportive community:
Thursday, September 21st, 2023
- Topic: Encouraging Your Deaf Child to Join Their Peers in Club and Social Activities, In and Out of School
- Description: Explore strategies to help your child actively participate in various social activities, fostering a sense of inclusion and connection.
Thursday, October 19th, 2023
- Topic: Understanding Audiograms
- Description: Gain insights into audiograms and learn how to interpret them, empowering you with a deeper understanding of your child’s hearing health.
Thursday, November 16th, 2023
- Topic: Ways and Means of Keeping Hearing Aids On and Managing Ear Moulds
- Description: Discover practical tips and tricks to ensure your child’s hearing aids stay put and find solutions for those pesky ear moulds.
But that’s not all. We’re excited to share that we’ll soon be introducing a “Talk to Us / Help” button on our website. This feature will be monitored and responded to within 72 hours, serving as a valuable resource for your inquiries and concerns.
We firmly believe that open communication and shared experiences are powerful tools in the journey of parenting a deaf or hard-of-hearing child. So, please reserve these dates on your calendar, and let’s chat, share, and learn together.
Connecting With You:
At DELTA, we look forward to connecting with you and creating a supportive space where parents can find guidance, understanding, and camaraderie. Together, we can navigate the beautiful and unique journey of parenting children with diverse hearing needs. Join us in building a community of support, knowledge, and empathy.
Stay tuned for more updates, and we can’t wait to see you at our upcoming sessions!